Friday, August 15, 2014

She Can Laugh... with a Big Belly

So I dropped a log of frozen meat on the top of my large protruding belly. Don't ask how that happened, it just did... then I proceeded to have contractions (mild ones) for about 3 hours.

I am calling it the "frozen meat bonk induction method."

Except, it failed this time, as they stopped after I spent some time laying down.
I might try it again at 40 + weeks...
Golly my life is crazy!

:::::

A few nights ago I was kissing the boys goodnight when Eli looked up at my large globular middle and said, "It's not going to stay that way after the baby comes, will it?"

I said, "No, it will go back to normal... eventually."

He asked how soon.

I said, "Well, probably a week or so..."

He thought... then looked really sorry for me, "Oh, I thought it would look better right away, that's too bad, mom..."


:::::

Tim and I were going to go see the new Planet of the Apes movie on a date, and we watched the trailer that featured a portion of the first movie... a recap. Addie watched on, because we thought it wouldn't be too scary. We stopped it when it did get intense, but she saw the intro and main concept. 

After watching it she turned to Tim and said, "And that's why you don't give drugs to monkeys!"

I laughed for days after... 

:::::

Allan is such a chill person. Seriously, he NEVER gets worked up over anything. That's why we were all taken back when Tim was asking Cora if she had a best friend (she doesn't have any girls her age around at all). He suggested that maybe our friends new little boy (her age) that is coming home via adoption could be her friend. At this Allan started sputtering and saying "No... no... no... he's me and Eli's friend..." in a very impassioned way. 
We all busted up. Sorry Cora, our Ugandan friend is already claimed as Allan and Eli's friend. 


:::::

Just this...
Cora "cleaning"

I cannot wait to see what she is like as an adult, because she is seriously the coolest 5 year old I know.

And this... 
Thea "taking a nap".


One of the major downsides to having a (partially) white family... because I am 100% sure black families don't keep head scratchers like this around... Sad day!




No comments: